Okay, so I thought I would blog some from ACL and that never happened. ACL was great though, I’m exhausted but it was totally worth going. I saw more bands that I probably would never get to see in a single weekend ever again.
Bands I enjoyed:
- Foo Fighters – best way to end a weekend…
- NERD – Probably would never go to one of their concerts but man they were fun live
- Gnarls Barkley – Same as NERD…plus a Radiohead cover was awesome
- Beck – Started late and ended early kinda put a damper on his solid show
- Band of Horses – heard from a distance before Foo Fighters, what I heard sounded good
- MGMT – Loved it all, they really could have been on a bigger stage
- Vampire Weekend – Nice way to start the weekend for me..
- John Fogerty – Amazed at the amount of solid music this guy has done over the years.
- The Black Keys – A band that’s probably going to explode before long.
Others that were alright:
- Old 97’s: Yeah not bad.
- Blues Travelers: Same old sound.
- Silversun Pickups: Had high hopes but they screamed too much.
- Flyleaf: Too much yelling but not too horrible.
- Patty Griffin: I was actually surprised that I liked her.
- Manu Chau: Couldn’t understand him since he was Spanish but it sounded good.
I will try to put up any photos that I got from the weekend when I can.