Digital Content Manager – Highland Park United Methodist Church
February 2014 – Present
Church-wide Email Manager
- Maintain and organize church-wide email lists from a database into MailChimp
- Create specific segments in email lists for better engagement
- Coordinate with various ministry groups for email campaigns
- Review analytics and trends in email campaigns to better define content strategy
- Create ways to improve open and click-through rates in email campaigns
- Develop drip marketing campaigns to improve engagement, educate, and inform users
- Help define the appropriate times to send large email campaigns
- Create email layout for various campaigns
Web Property Manager
- Maintain content across all web properties (HPUMC.org, Mungerplace.org, Grove.org, etc)
- Improve content flow for users
- Work with ministry partners to define content on web pages
- Help ministry partners to improve page layouts
- Implement branded content layouts for ministry partners
- Provide content editing for grammar, proofing, etc.
- Assist with the strategy for new websites, microsites, etc.
- Assist with planning, design, and development of new websites, microsites, etc.
- Work with vendors to help develop new website functionality
- Measure and track performance of web properties
- Create event tags in Google Analytics to track detailed items on web pages
- Work with ministry partners to analyze what is and isn’t working through analytics
- Provide content reporting to ministry partners as well as Communications team
- Provide trends and user data to better define content strategy
Editorial Calendar Manager
- Organize and execute editorial calendar meeting
- Work with Communications Director, Client Services Managers and story team
- Discuss trends and data to help effectively plan upcoming email campaigns
- Work to effectively communicate content to users through bulletin and email
- Work directly with Social Media Manager to effectively plan upcoming stories in email campaigns and on website
Project Manager – Wieck Media
September 2007 – February 2014
Work with Fortune 500 companies including: The New York Times Syndicate, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, American Honda Motor Company, Mercedes Benz USA, Hess Corporation, and Southwest Airlines.
Assist in handling press releases, photos and videos for client’s digital newsrooms. Handled some design work with CSS, HTML and various Adobe programs like Photoshop and Fireworks. Helped coordinate embargoed/time sensitive postings of releases, photos and videos for clients.
In May 2010, I became a Project Manager. I worked side-by-side with Baylor Health Care Systems in getting their newsroom launched (http://media.baylorhealth.com). I retained client relationship by maintaining conference calls and meetings for projects.
During the launch process, I organized, maintained and created tickets for developers to handle the back end coding of the newsroom. From there I handled the testing of the newsroom. I also added the client’s content from their old newsroom and organized it per their request.
In Oct. 2011, the Baylor Newsroom went on to win a PR News Digital award for Best Newsroom.
Other clients I support as a Project Manager include: Mercedes-Benz USA, Southwest Airlines, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Honda Automotive, HESS Oil, Australian Air Services, Australian Department of Immigration, ING-Direct (Australia), Institute for Public Relations, and the Arthur W. Page Society.
Previous positions held at Wieck include: Editorial Support and Assistant Editorial Manager
Data Clerk – Dallas Morning News
August 2007 – November 2009
Handled data entry for the Sports Department of the Dallas Morning News.
West Virginia University – 2007
Bachelor’s of Science in Journalism with concentration in Broadcast News